Job Code: MDSM
- Search, find, collect, clean, and complete data related to regional historical seismicity
- Research regional tectonics and identify rupture mechanisms, fault structures, etc.
- Develop Magnitude-Frequency relationships for specific fault systems and/or regions
- Develop smooth and background seismicity models
- Model the fore- and after-shocks and reintroduce them into a historical catalog
- Inform clients on seismic source modeling and its impacts and assist them in developing earthquake models for different parts of the world
- Conduct post disaster field surveys after major events
- PhD or higher only in Seismology or Geophysics with research relevant to seismicity (this is not an Earthquake/Geotechnical Engineering position)
- At least five years of practical experience in regional seismicity and seismic source modeling is required.
- In-depth knowledge of, and skill in, probability and statistical methods
- Experience building catastrophe or other types of computer models
- Willingness to travel within and outside the US
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
if you meet the above qualifications and you want to be a part of our exciting team, we would like to speak with you now! Please email your cover letter and resume:Email Cover Letter & Resume
KCC offers competitive salaries and benefits packages along with incentive stock options for our high-performing teams.