Job Code: MDST
KCC seeks a highly qualified Statistician to join the model development research team to work on developing advanced catastrophe reference models for multiple disasters. In this position, you will work closely with scientists and engineers to integrate sound statistical methods into KCC catastrophe models and conduct data analyses of historical events.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to develop statistical algorithms for catastrophe model components
- Internally peer review statistical methods used in catastrophe model components
- Conduct model sensitivity and validation tests
- Analyze historical data on natural catastrophes
- Collect, update, and analyze historical loss data
- BS and MS in Statistics required, PhD preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the field of statistics to serve as a key member of the model development team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
KCC is a catastrophe risk modeling firm located in Boston, MA, that provides innovative risk management tools to global insurers and reinsurers. At KCC we are passionate about providing innovative solutions to our clients, including RiskInsight®, the first open loss modeling platform on the market, and new global catastrophe models for natural hazard such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and tornadoes. Learn more about KCC and RiskInsight® at www.kcc.us.com
If you meet the above qualifications and want to join the team that is advancing the catastrophe risk modeling industry, we would like to speak with you now! Please email your cover letter and resume:Email Cover Letter & Resume
KCC offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as incentive stock options for our high-performing teams. Direct applicants only, please.