SQL Server Database Developer
Job Code: MSSQLSDD RI
This is a critical role for the company that influences core pieces of the platform. In this role, the incumbent would be accountable for ensuring SQL queries, indexes, views, stored procedures are optimized. Additionally responsibilities include understanding and recommending any changes required to the configuration of SQL server. Experience in the P&C industry, including experience working with EDM and CEDE data formats is a major plus.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Possesses Enterprise Software development experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
- Demonstrates experience working with poorly documented source databases and understanding the source schema through examining the data itself
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of T-SQL and stored procedure development.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of performance topics including:
- Index/SP/View and query tuning
- Understanding and overcoming poor execution plans
- Best way to setup and operate SQL server based on experience not just documentation
- Expert level c# including WCF, ASP.Net, Webservices implementation
- Building software that is resilient to unanticipated usage in client environments
- Software testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance).
- Strong (3 to 5 years) of MS SQL Server development experience
- Experience working with extremely large and complex databases
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams.
- Ability to work well with other developers and management.
- Ability to juggle priorities
- Experience with Azure/AWS is a plus
- A bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
if you meet the above qualifications and you want to be a part of our exciting team, we would like to speak with you now! Please email your cover letter and resume:Email Cover Letter & Resume
KCC offers competitive salaries and benefits packages along with incentive stock options for our high-performing teams.